For safeguarding concerns, please contact us on 07989 976095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a child or adult is in immediate danger or requires immediate medical attention, call the emergency services on 999. If there are concerns about their immediate welfare, don’t delay: call the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0345 050 7666 or the Out of Hours Emergency Duty Team: 0800 833408. Also please inform our Safeguarding Officer.
For other safeguarding concerns please immediately inform our Parish Safeguarding Officer, Shirley, on 07989 976095. You can also email concerns to email@example.com
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St John the Evangelist Church, Carterton has adopted a Safeguarding Policy based on the policy as recommended by the Church of England. This covers all activities and practices that are conducted by Church Officers and members of the congregation which involve coming into contact with children, young people and vulnerable adults carried out by and on behalf of St John’s Church. The PCC will carry out an annual review of this policy to ensure it continues to comply with current legislation and guidelines.
Key Points Summary
The Church of England Safeguarding Policy statement is based on five foundations and offers six overarching policy commitments. These are also the foundations of the Safeguarding Policy of this PCC:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Points of Contact/Important Telephone Numbers
Thames Valley Police (non-emergencies)
Local Council Children’s Social Care
0845 050 7666
01993 209400 or 111 for advice
0808 800 5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact your area safeguarding adviser directly if you prefer:
Oxford and Dorchester – Erica Hegg: 07341 866832
Rector: Rev Drew Tweedy
Safeguarding Officer: Shirley Sanderson
6 Burford Road, Carterton OX18 3AA
Office Telephone: 01993 846996
Part of the Black Bourton, Brize Norton and Carterton Benefice Ministry in the Diocese of Oxford