Thanks to all who give to maintain the work of St John’s and to the organisations that this Church supports. These organisations receive regular financial and/or practical support:
- The Childrens’ Society via individual collection boxes and the annual Christingle service. Everyone is encouraged to have a box, if you don’t have one and would like one, please call Linda Cox 841069, who will be delighted to supply one for you. We have 95 box holders at the moment, let’s aim for 100! Together through our corporate giving via the boxes we raised £2158 in Oct 2019. Our box opening month has moved from Oct to March which will be from 2021. These are valuable funds for the work of The Children’s Society, working for the benefit of children and young people in this country’.
- Tear Fund for relief work abroad
- St John’s supports the work of Christians Against Poverty financially, and through the local Centre in Witney. If you need help with debt please phone the main switchboard (0800 328 0006) to make an appointment.
- Oxford Gatehouse Project which cares for homeless people in the City. We also collect personal care products, hats, scarves and gloves for Gatehouse.
- The Besom in Witney – supporting local families in emergency need. We have an ongoing collection point for Besom for non-perishable food items (please first check the “best before dates” on the products), household cleaning products and toiletries. Please note that we are not able to pass on items of clothing.
- Carterton Family Centre St John’s recently donated a lump sum of £5000 to this amazing centre which offers support to parents, childminders and children from babies to teenagers.
You are welcome to leave gifts in the Foyer whenever the building is open. Thank you.
If you wish to set up a standing order to give to the work of the church, you can download the forms (one for Gift Aid too) here